Saturday, 1 October 2016

Granny stripes

The granny-stripe blanket I posted about last time is finished.  It's not quite how I originally imagined it would be as I rather stuffed up the initial foundation and it's a lot smaller than the one Lucy from Attic24 made, but I'm happy with it.

It was supposed to have 242 stitches, which I diligently counted as I did my first chain, but not being particularly good at crochet, when I'd done my first row of double crochet followed by the first row of treble clusters, I ended up with 125.  I'm not entirely sure how I managed to lose over a hundred stitches, but I did, and that made what should have been a sofa cover sized blanket rather narrow!

No matter.  It looks good, the border hides a multitude of sins, and my new blanket is actually perfect for using in the car to keep myself warm when housemate has the AC blasting.  I must be one of the very few people who wears a hat, gloves and a thick coat in the car when it's 30 degrees outside, then practically strips off when I get out of the car into the heat.  My new granny stripe will do away with the need for all the extra layers in the car :-)

I've now started another blanket, which will be a cover for my bed.  Something I suspect I"ll be needing in the coming months as I have a feeling we're in for a cold one.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I'd want it over my knees in the car, but it looks very nice. I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination, its quite common to lose stitches when first learning to crochet and it ended up been the right size for the car, so a job well done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed. Your words and encouragement make it all worthwhile.