The granny-stripe blanket I posted about last time is finished. It's not quite how I originally imagined it would be as I rather stuffed up the initial foundation and it's a lot smaller than the one Lucy from Attic24 made, but I'm happy with it.
It was supposed to have 242 stitches, which I diligently counted as I did my first chain, but not being particularly good at crochet, when I'd done my first row of double crochet followed by the first row of treble clusters, I ended up with 125. I'm not entirely sure how I managed to lose over a hundred stitches, but I did, and that made what should have been a sofa cover sized blanket rather narrow!
No matter. It looks good, the border hides a multitude of sins, and my new blanket is actually perfect for using in the car to keep myself warm when housemate has the AC blasting. I must be one of the very few people who wears a hat, gloves and a thick coat in the car when it's 30 degrees outside, then practically strips off when I get out of the car into the heat. My new granny stripe will do away with the need for all the extra layers in the car :-)